Thursday, October 10, 2013

Riddles and Limericks

What riddles do you know?   Halloween riddles from kidspot.com.au

A. What's a ghost's favorite dessert?  

B. What movie do ghosts love to watch?

C. What did the boy ghost say to the girl ghost?

D. What kind of roads do ghosts haunt?

E. What did the polite ghost say to her son?

F. Who was the most famous French skeleton?

And a Limerick...  From briandehumor.com
          Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes are what a bat eats,
For him they are edible treats,
He's known to devour,
A thousand an hour, 
We're happy when he overeats. 






A limerick is... a 5 line poem.  It has rhyme pattern on Lines 1, 2, + 5, Lines 3+4.  The limerick has 36 syllables- 8 each on lines 1,2, + 5, and 6 each on 3+4.  The last line usually has a punch line, or play on words.  
Write a limerick  
1. Start by brainstorming a funny/silly idea. (make a question, + answer it)
2. Write lines 1 and 2 end with a rhyming word.  (Need help with rhymes try- rhymezone.com
3. Add lines 3 and 4 (just 6 syllables each)
4. Finish with your punchline. (answer to question)

        

     Freedom (No Turning Back)                

                         by, Mr. Hull  

     Fresh air rushes into my lungs,
     New life appears like a bell rung.
     My old burdens escape,
     Tears spill free from my face.
     Hope grows for a new life begun.  




Riddle Answers  A. I-scream  B. High S-ghoul Musical  C. You look boo-tiful tonight
D. Dead Ends  E. Don't spook until your spooken to   F. Napoleon Bone-A Part 

3 comments:

  1. No Turning Back

    Fresh air rushes into the lungs
    New life appears like a bell rung
    An old burden escapes
    Tears spill from my face
    Hope grows for a new life begun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shabanu

    A vulture lurches down at me,
    Knock me out like a stinging bee
    My boxing gloves press
    Feeling quite distressed
    I swat it and say, really? Please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Literature group responses

    Sharon Tree by, Adesuwa and Sabrina
    My Sharon Tree, My Cherry Tree
    They couldn't take it away from me,
    They tried to cut it, we went and hid it
    It's still growing strong, it's blossoming long,
    I love my cherry, Sharon Tree.

    Untitled. By, Nousseir
    In the dry hot sun,
    Two Camels lay not one,
    The baby camel wasn't coming through
    I didn't know what to do
    I left with a camel only one.

    Friends and Family by, Guadalupe
    Family is something special
    than can never be replaced,
    Friendship is caring
    and caring equals trust.
    Both are very rare to get.

    Desperaux by, Lisa
    Princess Pea you are my love bug
    Princess Pea you are my jug.
    My love can never stop
    My balloon for you, pop!
    I fit into your coffee cup.

    The Tale of Desperaux by, Afua
    Desperaux was a brave, small mouse
    who went down into the dungeon house
    to get his Princess Pea
    and save her from her feat,
    Oh, how they dilligently rouse.
    Untitled. By, Miles
    Sipho decided to run away,
    But he didn't know the price he'd pay.
    In the cold all day,
    Wishing for a place to stay,
    Sipho decided to run away!
    Friends told him to go home, but he say nay,
    He'd be good when it's bright and sunny in May,
    He's 12 and he's got to work night and day,
    He really wants to hit the hay.
    He thinks in his dome, he's really at home,
    Everything will be okay.

    ReplyDelete