Monday, September 1, 2014

About Me...By the Numbers



First day "about me by the numbers" activity

About me...By the Numbers is a project that uses numbers to show a picture about You.
So, Which numbers have special meaning for you?
The picture above shows an example project from Pinterest.
Directions: 1.  Write your name in the center of the paper.  2.  Brainstorm facts about you that involve numbers.  For example my dad had 16 siblings, my birthday is 6/27, and I my baby daughter weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces when she was born.  3. Write 5 or more numbers about yourself in the area outside your name.  4. Decorate and add a short description about the meaning of the numbers.

Numbers important to me....
 Fractions:  Birth date, favorite holiday, # of ____ in family / total family members.
Large Numbers: distance from my house to a relative's house, number of days until Christmas Break, height in centimeters
Decimals: cost of favorite candy  $0.25, distance of a 5 kilometer race= 3.1 miles, weight of a baby 7.2 pounds


1 comment:

  1. Which numbers are most important to you?
    The number 1. It is the number that represents "the one" and only you.
    Number 100. We wish to live to be 100 years old.
    Lucky number 7. There are seven days in a week and 7 continents on Planet Earth.

    ReplyDelete